Sunday 10 January 2010

Iced In

The Mummy clan are currently iced in!  This is similar to being snowed in but the snow has turned to slippery ice and it’s too treacherous to step out of doors without Prince Daddy to scrape us up off the floor.

Prince Daddy is still manfully making it to work each day, but Princess Mummy and Little Prince are too afraid to head out alone.

Queen Mummy took Little Prince overnight on Friday.  Yesterday, King Daddy dug out the family sledge from when we were kids and Little Prince got his first taste of sledging.  He fell off a lot (naturally) then got straight back on!

I did receive an anxious phone call last night from Queen Mummy.  The temperature had dropped and King Daddy was worried about driving as the roads had gone very slick and the gritters have not been out in Queen Mummy’s area for several days.  Reluctantly, I agreed to Little Prince staying for another night.  Reluctantly only because I missed him so much.  In the event, it was very pleasant surprise night.  Prince Daddy and I spent the evening playing board games and cards and generally rowdy behaviour was the order of the night.

I am going today to collect my Little Prince and to spend the day with various assorted relatives.  Taking a toothbrush in case we get iced in tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to get messages from readers. You let me know I connect with you and whether I'm hitting the spot with the Blog. Hints and Tips go down very well too.