Friday 27 November 2009

first of many


I've never actually written a blog.  I could barely keep a diary but this is a way for me to share the trials and tribulations of bringing up a son, handling a hubby who works shifts and taking care of myself.  A feat most women manage every day but never get credited for achieving.

I know I'm not the only first time mum feeling the isolation.  Feeling that some adult conversation is better than none.  Looking forward to phoning BT to dispute the bill just because I'll get to speak to someone who doesnt finish an arguement with "kiss Geoff"

The Geoff in question is a small yellow giraffe who has been through the washing machine so many times he now has no spots, prompting an elderly woman at the bus stop to start an arguement with my son about how she thought he was a llama and she was older and deserved respect.  The arguement (predictably) ended with my son holding up the giraffe shouting "kiss Geoff" as the woman told me that my son was very lovely but needed to learn to be told.

I admirably restrained myself from telling her that if she was so much older, then she should maybe know better than to argue with a toddler over something so petty. 

Maybe I'm not the only one starved for human interaction sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to get messages from readers. You let me know I connect with you and whether I'm hitting the spot with the Blog. Hints and Tips go down very well too.