Thursday 17 October 2013

Feline imaginary

The primary topic of conversation this week has been whether or not my hallucinations have moved up a level from small crawling critters to bigger walking critters.  To explain, I suspect I may have hallucinated a cat! 

As you do.

I was watching tv on Monday night and was suddenly aware that there was a cat on the sofa sitting next to me.  Not odd unless you bear in mind that the Mummy clan no longer have a cat after Little Prince became very allergic and suffered horribly around our puss.  Yes, we'd had the cat longer but I suspect Little Prince might have been a touch harder to rehome.

So, Monday, I may have closed my eyes for just a moment.  Barely a second really, in fact, not so much closed them as rested them.  Yes, I rested my eyes. That's what I did.  When I opened them there was a cat sitting next to me, looking at me. I looked at it then it got off the couch and took itself outside via the open back door and into the rain. 

So there are a few arguments for against the cat being real.  In the pro column, cats are reasonably common where we live.  The back door was open and it was raining.  So it's not against the realms of possibility that a cat took refuge from the rain. 

In the "Princess Mummy's a nut job" column, the sofa wasn't wet or warm where the cat had sat, the cat appeared to voluntarily leave into the rain, and Little Prince had no ill effects the next day when a guide dog in school left us in no doubt as to his allergy.;  

So we may never truly know.  Royal Dr O (Princess Mummy's narcolepsy doctor) is in the pro-hallucination column.  He's actually surprised that I haven't upgraded from crawly bugs before.

Prince Daddy wants to know if I'll now be catching small animals under crockery for him to dispose of -that disappear when he arrives to do his Daddy duty.

The answer - mayyybeee.  I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love to get messages from readers. You let me know I connect with you and whether I'm hitting the spot with the Blog. Hints and Tips go down very well too.